Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First days home

The first few days have gone o.k. Angela and Laura didn't sleep good last night and cried alot before bed and during the day today. We hope it is just an adjustment thing and they will continue to get better. We have grown a sunflower hut for the girls but right now only Brian and Penny think it is cool to play in. The girls are trying to learn how to pedal a bike and are working hard at it everyday.
They are having a hard time on the pavement while wearing shorts. We have had many scrapes and bloody knees as they fall down alot. We may have to resort to capri's only until the knees heal up. We haven't traveled anywhere with them yet so we are wanting to try the car seats out again. They did good the first trip home from the airport but who knows what will happen next. We have more family coming into town this weekend and we are looking forward to showing them off!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,
Sounds like you are beginning to settle in a bit. Schedules and routines will get easier. I can only imagine what the girls must be thinking as they experiance and see so many new things. Even the landscape (no mountains around them) and weather is a new experiance for them. Relax a bit and enjoy treasure the memories. I love the pics. The flowers are bigger then them. i don't know if I'd want to play inside that forest. I might not find my way out
Love
annie

Anonymous said...

Our internet has been down at El Refugio, but it is up so I came to check on you all. I am so happy that you made it home safely! The boys were looking at the pictures and pointing to all of you and saying your names--they even made me go to the top again so they could look at everything a second time. Oh, and I absolutely love the sunglasses!
~emilie

Unknown said...

Hello Uhlenbrocks!
Welcome back to Ohio... We are so excited to meet all of you. Your journey is amazing. (And sleeping is overrated! - Not really, but keep thinking it and you may start to believe it in your sleep deprived state!) God bless you.
Candy

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,
I'm glad you made it home safely. I hope things will settle down and you'll be in a routine soon. I told Nancy we need to make a trip up to meet the girls. I hope you will keep the blog going, as I look forward to reading it every morning. I know you have your hands full. Take care.
Love, Phyllis