Sunday, September 11, 2011

First Grade and Kindergarten!






We started school 2 weeks ago and I can't believe that none of the cameras in our house were working. I wanted to take lots of pictures but the best I could do was get a short video with my Ipod. We had a great first day of school and the girls were super excited. Grandma gave them new Hello Kitty lunch bags and we had a picnic lunch at the park with Papi. They also got to pack their pencil boxes the night before with all their new school goodies. It was a great start to our school year. So far I am pleased with my curriculum choices and am enjoying the time teaching my girls. Brian is also involved reading to them at night. They are also finishing up the soccer season, starting dance again, Angela and Laura are in art class and we are doing our co-op classes again as well. We have added History, Geography, Science and Handwriting to our curriculum for First Grade so that is making our days a little more interesting. I am also trying to do a cooking class with the girls once a week because all three love to cook. I say trying because I did it one week but not the next. Shame on me. Since I didn't have any new school year pictures, here are some from last year and also some from this summer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to see pictures of the girls. They are growing up so fast. Loved hearing about your school schedule. We are enjoying homeschooling this year. My 4 year olds make it a challenge to say the least but Hannah is old enough that understand and works well with a flexible schedule. I was doing a preschool curriculim with the girls but they moved past it in some parts and got a little bored so I'm looking at a K4 program for them to use as well. Keep posting --

Vug said...

Hi! I've not visited your blog since many months ago, I can't believe how big your children look! Like always, I'm pleasent to see how beatiful is your family and how happy you all seem to me!
PS: Probably you don't remember me, since I didn't visit the blog for long time...anyway, I'm Laura, from Colombia :)

Andrea said...

I have been horrible about blogging, but your family popped into my head and I just had to leave a message. I hope that you all are doing well. It is so hard to believe that it has been three years since we were all in Colombia together. Your family is absolutely gorgeous. I hope your sweet girls are doing well and that life feels as normal as it possibly can given the way God put our families were put together. -Andrea Eisneberger in Charlotte, NC

Marco and Michelle said...

I have spent the afternoon reading your blog from the beginning and have enjoyed it so much! My husband and I (also from Ohio) are in the beginning stages of adoptiong a sibling group of three from Colombia and it was heart-warming to read your story and "watch" your beautiful family grow with all the pictures.

Thanks for sharing,

Michelle