Friday, July 22, 2011

Happy Family Day!





It is hard to believe that we celebrated our 3rd "Family Day". We started off by answering all the questions like....does Luke celebrate family day? Does Grandma celebrate family day? Our day started with me reading them their "baby" books about our first few weeks in Bogota. Then we had a fun picnic with our dolls inside because it was so hot. Papi came home and we went to see the new Winnie the Pooh movie at the theater. Came back and drew our family pictures then went out to eat at Red Robin (one of our favorites). For gifts this year we gave the girls a little treat and also flutes from Bogota. I love that we have simple gifts saved from out trip to Colombia. The girls then played Wii with Dad and made rice crispie treats. All in all it was a wonderful time spent together. We love celebrating how God made us a family but it also makes me angry sometimes because I don't have any baby pictures, I don't have memories of feeding them bottles, I don't have stories about their first steps or words, I don't know who came out first Angela or Laura and I can't even tell you if my children had hair when they were babies (the girls have asked). This is always a day to rejoice but at the same time I grieve the memories that I don't have. These are my children even though our family began in an uncommon way. So I cherish their first words in english, the first bike ride, the first lost tooth and every other moment that I spend with my girls.

1 comment:

Jacq & Jason said...

Congratulations! Happy Family Day.