We also got to meet up with the Hollis kids while in Cinci and had a wonderful evening of fellowship and fun. I loved hearing all the things Jessica remembers about the girls while they were at the orphanage. We have a couple years that we just don't know anything about their lives and we want to learn as much as we can. It is amazing how meeting with people who have gone through similar experiences just brings you together. I feel that we have instant new friends and can't wait to meet up again sometime. As you can see from the pictures below that a trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house leaves you pretty exhausted!
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
We Love Summer!
We do love summer at this house. We have been enjoying playgrounds, riding tricycles, swimming and many other outside activities. There seems to be so much I want to do but not enough time to do it as summer is almost over. Plus I am becoming much more comfortable in my role as Mami and things are going pretty smooth most of the time. The girls have also been coming to the National Park that I work at and are on their way to earning a Junior Ranger badge. We are trying to get a camping trip in as well as some other activities. As we approach our Family Day Celebration (1 year) next week, I have been looking back the long road we have traveled and am amazed at all that the Lord has done. Adoption is a great thing! Brian and I made each girl a photo book about our trip in Bogota and the beginning of our family. I also purchased Colombian flags on-line to give to our daughters. Brian took the day off work and we are going to celebrate the entire day as a family. I can't wait. I will post more about it next week. We also started ballet class for the summer and have been swimming quite a bit. Our girls love to swim! We also had a trip to WV to visit my sister and spent the 4th of July in Cincinnati with Brian's family. The girls have been doing so well traveling. It is a little hard sleeping in new places but over all it is o.k. The first few pictures are from Coney Island and the girls first time on rides.




We also got to meet up with the Hollis kids while in Cinci and had a wonderful evening of fellowship and fun. I loved hearing all the things Jessica remembers about the girls while they were at the orphanage. We have a couple years that we just don't know anything about their lives and we want to learn as much as we can. It is amazing how meeting with people who have gone through similar experiences just brings you together. I feel that we have instant new friends and can't wait to meet up again sometime. As you can see from the pictures below that a trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house leaves you pretty exhausted!
We also got to meet up with the Hollis kids while in Cinci and had a wonderful evening of fellowship and fun. I loved hearing all the things Jessica remembers about the girls while they were at the orphanage. We have a couple years that we just don't know anything about their lives and we want to learn as much as we can. It is amazing how meeting with people who have gone through similar experiences just brings you together. I feel that we have instant new friends and can't wait to meet up again sometime. As you can see from the pictures below that a trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house leaves you pretty exhausted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
how fun!!!
It was so great meeting you all and Brian's parents were so sweet to have us over. The girls are beautiful, you are truely blessed. You and Brian are doing a fabulous job.
WOW HOW THE GIRLS HAVE GROWN. NOT ONLY IS SIZE BUT CONFIDENCE SINCE I SAW THEM AT CHRISTMAS. THEY ARE SO SWEET. GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO COME ON THE 4TH.JUST SORRY I COULD NOT SPEND MORE TIME PLAYING WITH THE GIRLS. MANDY AND THE KIDS WERE SO HAPPY TO FINALLY GET SO MEET THEIR NEW COUSINS. I CERTAIN YOU CELEBRATION WILL BE FANTASTIC YOU BOTH HAVE SO MANY SPECIAL THINGS YOU DO AS A FAMILY. SORRY IT WAS TO COLD AND RAINY TO SWIM CAN'T CONTROL EVERYTHING.
LOVE
RUTH ANN
Post a Comment