Sunday, August 25, 2013

First Week of School!




2013-2014 Here we come! We started off the school year with our usual way, a trip to Dunkin Donuts for a treat of their choice and coffee for the teacher. R is starting 2nd grade and A and L are starting 3rd. I can hardly believe it. This year we are adding Spanish!!!!!! The girls are very excited about learning their native language and I am very excited to hear them speaking to each other in the limited words that they know. We are also doing a Bible study together about purity and the girls made very girly looking princess journal books. Unfortunately they have names written on the front so I won't be posting any pictures. I can tell you they are lovely. We are also adding a creative writing day to the schedule and we had a good time telling stories with our "Tell a Tale" game. All of the usual subjects went smoothly and we will be adding spelling and Art next week. It was good to hear on Friday night that A wanted to do school on Saturday! Aunt Carrie also sent a very fun back to school snack with a little poem for the girls.

Here are some quotes from the girls for this new year.....
L-I am looking forward to doing Spanish in third grade!
A-I am looking forward to doing Princess Bible Study in third grade!
R-I am looking forward to writing cursive in second grade!

I am looking forward to watching the girls blossom with their reading and their love of learning, making time for fun projects and focusing more on the learning through life lessons with the girls and not just on the check lists of things to do. I remind myself daily that time is going by so fast and they will only be this age for a short time. I missed the first 2 years and I don't want to miss any more. I am also looking forward to kissing the principal when ever I want! 1 week down and 35 more to go!

No comments: