This year at the Geography Fair the girls dove into Brazil. After loving the movie Rio they were very interested in learning more about Brazil. We studied the Amazon (hence the amazon tribal paint) and spent the rest of our time learning about Rio De Janerio. I am sure that Colombia will be coming up in the next year or so but I am waiting for them to really take an interest in picking that as the country they want to learn about. It is definately a challenge to keep teaching them about their heritage and country because I am not looking forward to the struggles and questions we will have to deal with. After a conversation with A I was reminded how we need to continually embrace our daughters with love and pray over them. It went something like this. "Is being a mami hard work?" I responded with "Yes, sometimes" "Oh...will you send us back to Colombia?" Now if that doesn't break a mother's heart. The adoption road is hard and always has bumps. It is at these times that I am reminded of how it is a life long process. Will my girls ever feel the unconditional love of a parent? that they belong and are treasured? will their wounds be healed? Abba Father, please embrace my children with your never stopping, unbreaking, healing, always and forever love.
Friday, April 13, 2012
School and Adoption
This year at the Geography Fair the girls dove into Brazil. After loving the movie Rio they were very interested in learning more about Brazil. We studied the Amazon (hence the amazon tribal paint) and spent the rest of our time learning about Rio De Janerio. I am sure that Colombia will be coming up in the next year or so but I am waiting for them to really take an interest in picking that as the country they want to learn about. It is definately a challenge to keep teaching them about their heritage and country because I am not looking forward to the struggles and questions we will have to deal with. After a conversation with A I was reminded how we need to continually embrace our daughters with love and pray over them. It went something like this. "Is being a mami hard work?" I responded with "Yes, sometimes" "Oh...will you send us back to Colombia?" Now if that doesn't break a mother's heart. The adoption road is hard and always has bumps. It is at these times that I am reminded of how it is a life long process. Will my girls ever feel the unconditional love of a parent? that they belong and are treasured? will their wounds be healed? Abba Father, please embrace my children with your never stopping, unbreaking, healing, always and forever love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hello!
I haven't visited your blog in a long time. Probably you don't remember me anyway, since I just leave comments, but we haven't been in touch. Again, I congratulate you (your husband and you) because of your love, effort and I wish everything keeps going ok. Well, this post seems very interesting to me, because I'm colombian! Actually, I live in Colombia. I understand that you're worried because when you teach your girls about the country, some questions about adoption will come. But for me, there is a big concern: how to show Colombia for the girls? it's not a secret that it is a country with many problems, but I can swear you that there are so many treasures in this beautiful land (it's not what TV and newspapers show)! Then, I just want to put myself in service when you decide to study Colombia in homeschool; I can send you information about the good things, maybe write a letter for them, and of course, I can send you pictures via e-mail!!!
Post a Comment