Sunday, May 4, 2008

This Old House

You have been hearing Penny's perspective on things, so I thought I would write this one. Still no additional news at this time. We have been working hard to get things ready for the children......I called it the clutter shuffle today, moving clutter from one place to the next. I am sure most people know what I am talking about.

Our house has been around for a while....which means a lot of handymen and not so handymen have contributed to the upkeep of the house. This translates to whenever we want to do anything around here we have to, at minimum, triple the amount of time we think it will take to complete. At Ikea, we found a nice light that would replace an old light above our kitchen bar......what were we thinking. I should have learned when we first moved in and ended up rewiring 1/2 of the house and had our electric panels replaced when we decided to put in a new front door. I know you are thinking....replacing a front door should not require electrical work. Well in this house it does. So it has been over a week, and the lights are still not up.

The lights have been put on hold to focus on getting the kids room ready. We made some major progress this weekend, but still have some work to do. We also made some additional work for ourselves as we put a hole in the wall by backing into the door while trying to move a dresser.

The room is really starting to come together and to some extent it is probably good that things are not moving as quickly as we would like because we have plenty of work to do. Here are a few teaser shots for those that may be interested.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the room guys! It looks so inviting and the girls will love it. We can't wait to see more pictures. We can not wait to hug and kiss your little girls. We love them all ready so much. God has his angels all around the girls and is protecting them. We love shopping for the girls and looking at all the cute outfits. Can't wait to see the pictures of our cousins from Colombia. We love icecream and computers so please hurry God!!!!!
God bless,
Your nieces Hannah and Hayley

Susan said...

Brian & Penny
I really like what you've done to your old house!! What a talented crew you have. The new windows and stonework are fabulous. The new look will be certain to put your house on the historic homes tour.
Susan

The Jensen Family said...

Holy cow--can I hire you out? Things look great and I can't wait to see the finished product! Your girls will absolutely LOVE their new house!

Traci

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
I was very excited and happy for you when I got the message from Christa. I can't wait to see pictures of the newest additions to the family. I will keep tabs on your blog. You can also send pictures to my email address

chandlersgranma@aol.com

I really enjoy Tom's pictures of Tobin. So, family pictures are great especially since I'm not in Fowler now to see the real people. I miss seeing you guys.

I was wondering the other day what year you got married. I still have the geranium that grandma got at your shower. I put it outside every year and it still blooms.

Your house looks great, I'm sorry I never got to see before the changes. I will keep you in my prayers in hope those little girls will get to come soon. I'm know you are anxious.

Take care,
Love,
Phyllis

PS Sorry this is such a long comment, I didn't know any other way to say things.