Monday, April 12, 2010

We have decided!








So we have decided that I will be homeschooling the girls kindergarten next year. After talking about it and praying we feel that this is the best decision for now. Besides I am not ready to give them up yet for someone else to teach. Things have been going so well with preschool that we have started kindergarten a couple of months ago. Angela and Laura are ready to read and get into some other school work. We are ready to jump into this new adventure so not only will we talk about adoption here but also homeschooling! Part of our schedule consists of at least 1 hour of playing outside a day, field trips, reading stories, kindergarten lesson, math, playing, games, crafts, painting, and cooking. Here is our first "following the directions yourself" project.....Salad People! Yes even Papi got in on the fun. Salad People is a great preschool cookbook!


7 comments:

Dan and Karen said...

How exciting! It is so much fun to see them learn to read.
We feel like we have missed so much of the boys lives that we didn't want to give them to someone else for several hours every day. I know it's not for everyone, but when it's possible I think it's a great idea.

Songs Lyrics said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nicole said...

Yea! We're going to be doing that here, too! We're just going to start pre-school this next year but we're going to add a little kindergarten to see how we do. We...meaning me!

Stefan Bauer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tracy said...

Great decision! I just happened upon your blog and saw the pictures of your sweet girls.

We homeschool and have been for 8 years now. It's a great opportunity for you and the kiddos. I'm sure you will love spending the time with them ;o)

Long Arm General said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
deanna willett said...

Your girls have grown so much and are so beautiful. We really wanted to homeschool Angelica but it is not an option for us due to her needing special ed services. After missing the first years the time for school comes way to quickly. I think it will be great for all of you. Our friends who homeschool, swear by it.