Saturday, February 27, 2010

let the questions keep coming....

Sometimes it is easy to forget that we haven't been a family forever. It seems like we have known them for a long time but once in a while we come across a question or a behavior that reminds us about their past. Over the past year and a half we have been overwhelmed by questions. What is that? What is that called? What do you do there? Who is her mami? What are you doing? but now the questions become a little more interesting. Such as when am I going to die? Is Grandma going to die? Why is he smoking? Doesn't he know he is going to die. Mami, why is your belly so big...do you have a baby in there? What was I like when I was a baby? Did I come out of your belly? Whose belly did I come from? It is hard answering those questions because in a way it seems as if we are reminding them they were adopted yet it is part of who they are. Adoption is forever and we have lots of questions ahead of us down that road.

3 comments:

Dan and Karen said...

You're right - the questions just keep coming. Some of them are easy to answer and some are much harder. I'm glad when they ask (usually :)) because then I know what they are thinking about and can make sure they understand things.
Your girls are growing up so fast!
Karen

Vug said...

Hello :) I just read your blog and I don't want to close the website...I'm colombian, actually, it's moving to me to see the pictures of the girls and read your posts, they seem very happy and loved! I'm glad to see such a charming family and I wish it will always be :) they change your life, and certainly, you change their lives and future! About this post (the questions) I don't have much to say, just think that although adoption is always there, your family is very special and a true family, even more than others who have children from their own belly. Bye bye :)

daniel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.